Enterprise wants to perform activities of international travel business must implement procedures for granting business licenses international travel. Only when granted an international travel business license by the General Department of Tourism, can enterprises legally operate international travel business.
An international travel business license is only granted to enterprises established in accordance with current laws and having registered business lines: Tour operator: International travel business (Industry code: 7912).
When a company with Vietnamese capital is granted an international travel business license, it may:
– International travel service business serving international tourists to Vietnam and tourists going abroad.
– Enterprises providing international travel services are entitled to provide international travel services and domestic travel services.
– When an enterprise is allowed to only conduct domestic travel business, in no case is it allowed to do international travel business.
– Enterprises have invested overseas business only services of international travel serves international tourists to Vietnam, except where international agreements which the Republic of socialist Vietnam is a member there are other provisions.
– Being an enterprise established in accordance with the law on enterprises;
– The person in charge of the travel business must have a college degree or higher, majoring in travel. If you graduate from a college or higher in another major, you must study and take the exam for a certificate of international tourism management. Currently, there is no Decree detailing the Law on Tourism. However, according to Circular 06/2017 dated December 15, 2017 of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the following training qualifications are considered as specialized in tourism:
▪Management of tourism and travel services;
▪Travel and tourism;
▪Tourism business and management
In case the person in charge of the international travel service business does not study the above-mentioned specialties, he/she must participate in training courses to foster international tourism operations.
– Make a deposit for international travel service business at the bank.
Margin level: Margin level for international travel business: According to the provisions of Decree 168/2017/ND-CP detailing the Law on Tourism 2017 as follows:
- Business travel services for international tourists to Vietnam : 250,000,000 (two hundred and fifty million) dong;
- Business travel services for tourists going abroad : 500,000,000 (five hundred million) dong;
- Business travel services for international tourists to Vietnam and tourists going abroad: 500,000,000 (five hundred million) VND.
- In case of only domestic travel business, the deposit level for domestic travel service business: 100,000,000 (one hundred million) dong.
Enterprises make deposits in Vietnam dong at commercial banks, cooperative banks or branches of foreign banks established and operating in Vietnam and enjoy interest rates as agreed upon between the enterprise and the bank receive deposits in accordance with the provisions of law. The deposit must be maintained for the duration of the tour operator business.
– An application form for an international travel service business license;
– A certified true copy of the Certificate of Business Registration or the Certificate of Investment Registration issued by a competent state agency;
– Certificate of deposit for travel service business;
– A certified true copy of the diploma or certificate of the person in charge of the travel service business as prescribed;
– A certified copy of the appointment decision or the labor contract between the travel service business and the person in charge of the travel service business.
– The enterprise applying for an international travel service business license shall submit 1 set of documents to the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism;
– Within 10 days from the date of receipt of a valid application, the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism shall appraise and grant an international travel service business license to the enterprise and notify the provincial-level specialized tourism agency where the enterprise is headquartered; In case of refusal, it must be notified in writing and clearly state the reasons therefor.